By Kim Dunne, Media Manager
Since Girl Scout Cookies go on sale today I thought this would be a great opportunity to share with you some tips on buying Girl Scout Cookies. These tips will not only help you but will help girls learn the five skills that are so important to the cookie program: goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
- Say hi! It builds my confidence.
- Look me in the eye. Also helps build confidence and says ‘we’re ready for business.’
- Let me know if you’re a Girl Scout. It means a lot seeing what we can become.
- Please don’t call me cute. We’re running the largest girl-led business in the world. That’s not cute, that’s incredible!
- Ask about our inventory. It’s my responsibility to explain what we have and make sure you get exactly what you ordered.
- Ask where the money goes. Our team decides where our money goes. We do great things. Ask us!
- Let’s talk money. When you hand us money, it’s about more than making change. We learn to set up a budget and how money can do good in the world.
- Ask us why we’re Girl Scouts. We make friends and learn we can do anything.
- Notice our new package design. We’re sharing our story of what we do today.
- Let us know how we did. Selling cookies is hard work, and it’s a new thing for a lot of us. Feedback helps us get better and grow into leaders!
Follow these tips and you will be helping girls right in your own community develop into the leaders of tomorrow! For more information about the cookie program visit our website.