By: Kim Dunne, Media Manager
Five girls from our council have been accepted to Girl Scout Destinations! Girl Scout Destinations are part of the travel pathway for Girl Scouts and fall into five categories: international, outdoors, science, people, and getaways. Facilitated by Girl Scouts of the USA and hosted by individual Girl Scout councils, GSUSA, and contracted organizations, such as Outward Bound. Girl Scout destinations, events, or trips open girls up to whole new worlds and ideas.
- Greer from Troop 41090 was accepted to two destinations, Germany Castles in the Sky, Munich, Germany and Alaska All-Around Expedition, Anchorage, Alaska. At the Germany Castles in the Sky destination, Greer will spend an unforgettable 10-day journey traveling through the beauty of the “Old World” German country side. She will begin with Munich, “The City With a Heart,” and slowly venture out into the dense forests and soaring peaks of the Bavarian Alps. This destination takes place July 18-27. At the Alaska All-Around Expedition, Greer will take an unforgettable canoe journey through the heart of Alaska. She will discover the wild frontiers and gold rush territory of Alaska from the seat of a kayak and then learn to ice climb on a glacier. This destination takes place August 4-12.
- Paige from Troop 50097 was accepted to The Great Panda Adventure, Hong Kong, China. Paige will be volunteering at one of the most progressive panda centers in the world and help ensure a future for this endangered species, while receiving 24 hours of community service credit. This destination takes place July 2-11.
- Paige from Troop 40003 was also accepted to the Germany Castles in the Sky, Munich, Germany.
- Kimberly from Troop 30730 was accepted to San Juan Kayak Pack, Anacortes, Washington. Kimberly will discover pristine nature via the seat of a kayak as she explores her leadership, communication, and team building skills with other Girl Scouts working and living together in the outdoors. This destination takes place July 28-August 3
- Greta from Troop 40004 was accepted to Midwest Madness, La Crosse, Wisconsin. Greta will experience everything the Midwest has to offer: the Mall of America, Wisconsin Dells, the Mississippi River, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Minnesota Science Museum. While there she will also discover body image misconceptions in a variety of places and create a PSA, poster or flyer promoting positive self body image. This destination takes place July 29-August 7.
Great job girls for being accepted to these Destinations! For more information about Destinations, click here.