Girl Scout Week begins this coming Sunday, March 10. As we look to celebrate the week encourage girls in your troop to work on earning the My Promise, My Faith award. The My Promise, My Faith award invites girls of all age levels to experience a faith journey as they explore the Girl Scout Law and their own individual faith. The award can be earned annually.
The steps to earn the pin include:
1. Choose one line from the Girl Scout Law. Find a story, song, or poem from your faith with the same ideas. Talk with your family or friends about what that line of the Law and the story, song, or poem have in common.
2. Find a woman in your own or another faith community. Ask her how she tries to use that line of the Law in her life.
3. Gather three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout Law. Put them where you can see them every day!
4. Make something to remind you of what you’ve learned. It might be a drawing, painting, or poster. You could also make up a story or a skit.
5. Keep the connection strong. Find out if your faith community offers recognition programs for Girl Scouts. Talk with your friends, family, or a group in your faith community about what you’ve learned about your faith and Girl Scouting. Ask them to help you live the Law and your faith. Maybe you can show them what you just made or perform your skit!
There are also specific recognitions for different faiths that girls can work on individually. Girls can partner with adults form their own faith communities to learn more about those recognitions and to get guidance as they work through their own personal faith journey. You can find more information on the Girl Scouts website.