1. We are all inclusive. What is especially important about the Girl Scouts’ rich history of supporting women’s leadership is their insistence on being a voice for all girls, regardless of their background or neighborhood. Girl Scout membership does not discriminate on any basis, including race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
2. THIN MINTS!!
3. First Lady Michelle Obama, Honorary National President of Girl Scouts, filmed a video about how awesome Girl Scouts are. Check it out!
4. Girl Scout Cookies are endorsed by Ryan Gossling!
5. Girl Scouts really will rule the world someday. In 2011, ABC News reports about The Flying Monkeys, a group of Girl Scouts from Ames, Iowa, developed a prosthetic hand device to help a 3-year-old toddler without fingers write. The device not only won the group the $20,000 FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award from the X Prize Foundation last month, it scored the scouts a provisional patent.
6. TROOP BEVERLY HILLS. Imitation truly is the highest form of flattery!
7. Dolly Parton! The most celebrated female country music singer and songwriter of all became a lifetime member in 2007!
8. Girl Scouts send Girl Scout Cookies to service members overseas. Every year Girl Scout councils send cookies by the tons to those serving overseas.
9. Girl Scouts is committed to supporting girls’ interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. With support from Dell, Girl Scouts just released Be the Video Game Developer, an interactive experience that puts girls in the driver’s seat of video game development. Through Be the Video Game Developer, girls consider what they would like to see in video games and make selections accordingly – choosing avatars, storylines, and other video game features.
10. Girl Scouts invented S’mores! Did you also know that Girl Scouts is credited with inventing the recipe? In fact, the original S’mores campfire delicacy was introduced to the world 80 years ago in the 1927 Girl Scout Handbook.
So, JOIN NOW!