That’s why Girl Scouts of the USA, in partnership with the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) and Dove, has launched Free Being Me – a global leadership program developed to give girls a safe space to strengthen their self-confidence.
Gather up your girlfriends, find a camera, and come up with a way to tell the world about celebrating the things that make you unique!
Not sure where to start? You can learn more about PSAs here. Consider answering one of these questions to help you get going:
- What would the world be like if every girl felt her accomplishments mattered more than what she looks like?
- What would make every girl everywhere free to be herself? How would that change the world?
- People around the world find different things beautiful. What’s the same no matter where you go?
Contest rules to keep in mind:
- Please keep videos under 2 minutes.
- Girls must be 13+ years old.
- Girls may create videos in groups of 1 to 5 girls.
- Videos will be accepted through August 31, 2014.
- Voting on all entries will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31, 2014.
- GSUSA will select one grand-prize winner from the five entrants with the most votes in the video gallery.
- Access the full list of contest rules here.
To learn more about Free Being Me, visit www.girlscouts.org/freebeingme.