By: Kim Dunne, Media Manager
We are pleased to offer once again tours of some media outlets throughout our council! At tours in previous years girls have had the opportunity to be on TV during the news, record their own promos or commercials, see printing presses in action, talk to reporters about their jobs, learn about the different positions available, and much more. This is especially a great opportunity for older girls who think they may like a career in the media.
Here is the line-up of 2014 media tours:
- July 7 at 2 p.m. – The Observer-Dispatch in Utica
- July 8 at 10 a.m. – WWTI TV in Watertown
- July 8 at 2 p.m. – Your News Now (now Time Warner Cable) in Syracuse
- July 9 at 10 a.m. – Finger Lakes Times in Geneva
- July 9 at 2 p.m. – Community Broadcasters Radio in Elmira Heights
- July 9 at 5 p.m. – Clear Channel Radio in Binghamton
Space is limited in the tours, so it is first come, first served. To reserve your space, e-mail email@example.com. Only e-mail reservations will be accepted. You will receive a confirmation when you are accepted into the tour with details and information.