By Lisa Kaminski; Manager, Community Development
With the start of the 2015 Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways cookie sale program about to begin in just a week, everyone is getting super excited about the sale program! It is going to be amazing!
Test your cookie knowledge against these top ten facts about cookies you may not have known:
10. Little Brownie bakes over 4.5 million Thin Mints per day during peak baking times.
9. To bake Do-si-dos and Tagalongs, Little Brownie Baker uses about 230,000 pounds of peanut butter a week during baking times.
8. After leaving the oven, Thin Mints travel 300 feet on a conveyor belt to cool before being coated in chocolate.
7. Samoas go through a cooling tunnel with a temperature of 40-50 degrees before chocolate is applied.
6. Do-si-dos are wrapped at 64 packages per minute.
5. 21 truckloads of flour are used each week during production times
4. It takes 10 minutes to mix the dough, which lasts 20-30 minutes and takes 5-7 minutes to bake.
3. Each batch is 1200-1500 pounds.
2. 230,000 pounds of peanut butter are used each week.
and the #1 fun fact you may not have known: There is a cheer for the new Rah Rah Raising cookie! These things are amazing! You can find the cheer right here.
For more information about the cookie sale program or more cookie fun facts, visit either the council website at http://www.gsnypenn.org or Little Brownie Baker website at http://www.littlebrowniebaker.com
*fun facts taken from http://www.littlebrowniebaker.com