By: Kim Dunne, Media Manager
At Camp Trefoil:
- Whitewater Rafting on the Hudson River: open to girls in grades 9 and up from August 2-7. If you enjoy high adventure, this week is for you! You will go whitewater rafting down the Hudson River twice on this trip, once in a raft and the second time in an inflatable kayak! Travel to Adirondack River Outfitters to enjoy three nights camping at Lake Durant and rafting on the Hudson. You will practice your skills in inflatable kayaks to prepare for your river trip. All participants must attend a pre-trip meeting in May. When you are not on the river, you can choose to hike to a waterfall or just relax at your campsite.
- Designed By You: open to girls in grades 9 and up from July 26-31. Are you thinking that you have been there/done that and camp has nothing to offer you? Think again – come and design the program of your choice from arts and crafts to adventure on the ropes course, and biking or explore Camp Trefoil and camp where you have never camped before. This program is totally up to you.
- CIT 2: open to
girls who are 16 years old before 7/1/15 from July 26 to August 7. Do you dream of becoming a great leader? This program can help you prepare to work at camp as a counselor or in another position. Participants must leave camp between sessions, July 31-August 2. All prospective CIT 2’s must submit a resume and essay with their registration telling us about their prior camping experience, their leadership experience with children, and why they want to be a CIT 2.
- CIT 1: Girls must be 15 years old before 7/1/15 from July 5-17. Do you want to be a camp counselor someday? You’ll learn more about yourself and strengthen your leadership skills in areas like group dynamics, decision-making, and conflict resolution. Participants must leave camp between sessions, July 10-12. You need to have completed at least two resident camp programs or have equivalent troop camping experience. All prospective CIT 1’s must submit an essay with their registration telling why they would like to become a CIT1.
- Wild and Free: open to girls in grades 9 and up from July 12-17. Veteran camper this year and want to plan your own week and activities here at camp? Well this is the program for you! You’ll get to decide what activities you want to do during your stay here, but don’t forget to let your counselor in on your adventures to help make sure you have a safe and fun experience!
- Leave Your Mark: open to girls in grades 9 and up from July 19-24. Create duct tape art, faux painting, hanging wallpaper or just a border at Camp Comstock this year! Use these projects to leave your own mark at camp such as duct tape flowers for a table or create a duct tape sculpture with the sky as the limit!
- Camp CEO: open to girls in grades 9 and up from August 21-23. Have you ever thought of being your own boss or a top executive of a growing company? Get a jump start to your future and spend your weekend learning from some of the area’s top women executives. They will also be participating in the same camp activities as you like hiking, swimming, canoeing and adventure games. Through mentoring activities and workshops, you will discover what life is like in a variety of careers and gain insight into the challenges and triumphs of these professional women.
Don’t let these sessions that you asked for being canceled due to low enrollment! Get your registration in today and guarantee yourself an amazing summer! For more information or to register, click here.